Tuesday, March 29, 2011

To Blog, Or Not to Blog

I get a lot of knowledge from Google.
I searched "how to know if blogging is for you"
What popped up:

How Can You Tell If A CEO Is Lying?
How To Tell If You Are Out of Room
50 Blogging Lessons To Know If You're Starting Today

I clicked on the one that actually had something to do with blogging.
Apparently, it's directed towards small business owners
marketing through blogs.
I'm currently pretending to be a small business owner.

50 is a bunch, if you want to read them all feel free to click here,
but I'm just going to pick my favorite five.

3. Allow an absolute minimum of one year solid commitment (posting 3-5x weekly, or even daily) before you start to see compelling results. Be mindful of the fact it may take longer.
(Get ready for 3 to 5+ times weekly ya'll.)

6. It's not going to be easy -- nothing rewarding is.
(Dang, I really like easy stuff.)

10. If you're not learning as part of the process, stop. Blogging should be like going to the gym for your brain.
(Well, that's just swell. I hate going to the gym. Brain + Gym = Iffy)

39. Write on a compelling intersection of topics.
(How do I make my life more interesting? Maybe that's the next post??) (Yes, thinking ahead!)

42. Never worry about what others will think.
(Check.)

This will be the first post of many.

No comments:

Post a Comment